As an Independent Driver, insuring yourself can prove difficult, especially if you’re just starting up.
You suddenly have to pay more than your normal car insurance, to cover yourself in your new line of work. Your fares come in weekly, but the insurance company demands the whole year’s payment upfront. And even though there are ways to reduce the cost of the insurance like the Smartwitness box, they cost to have installed which somewhat defeats the purpose!
How can I get around this?
At Weir Insurance, we’ve put together a Taxi Insurance Plan designed around the way you work.
You want to pay weekly as you earn from fares? Easy, we set up our own finance company simply to allow our clients to pay in the way that suits them, no external loans required.
You want to reduce your insurance costs using a Smartwitness box? We’re not going to charge you for that if we can help it! It shows that you’re a responsible policyholder, and we want to encourage that in any way we can.
Are there any requirements?
To enable us to provide this service to our clients, we do need to ensure a few things:
· Maximum of 3 named drivers per policy
· All drivers must be between the ages of 30-69
· Have held a full UK licence for a minimum of 5 years.
· Have been permanently resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
· Have no criminal convictions
· Have no history of bankruptcy
· Have a full operative Taxi Licence
· Have never had their Taxi Badge withdrawn or suspended
· Must be Full Time Taxi Drivers
· Have no more than 9 seats (including the driver)
· Valued at no more than £25,000
· No modified vehicles (except when modified to accommodate wheelchairs or to run on LPG)
· Licensed by Northumberland County Council
If you meet all these requirements, we should be able to help make insurance easier for you, not only providing the advantages above but also handling all the details and explaining everything with the benefit of years of experience.
If you are a Full Time Taxi Driver and think you might benefit from a plan such as this, call us on 0800 281 453 to have a chat, or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There’s no pressure, and we can see if we can get you a better deal.