Heritage Insurance cover can be arranged for anyone who:
- who owns a heritage property used for commercial purposes
- or is responsible for a heritage property such as a museum
- or who has a business based in a heritage property
- or who runs a business based from a special building of historical or architectural interest
It is also possible to combine commercial insurance with covers specifically designed for heritage period properties e.g.
- Specialist properties
- Museums & Galleries
- Historic Houses
- Fine Art & Collections
- Visitor Attractions
- Cover for special buildings of historical or architectural interest
- Heritage buildings often take longer to repair and at a greater cost than modern buildings of similar size. There may be an increased involvement in the repair process by the local authority and bodies interested in the preservation of historic properties. In our experience it is not uncommon for the cost of major restoration following a partial loss to far exceed the cost of an equivalent modern structure.
- Archaeological costs that may follow an insured event
- Covers archaeological costs that may follow an insured event
- Contents, including antiques, exhibits and fine art
- You may want this optional cover, if you have specialist fine art, collections or antiques. This section allows you to insure these special items on a market or agreed value basis.
- Meeting local authority conditions under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 up to 20% of the sum insured
- Business interruption (Covers your loss of income following a claim accepted under the Property damage sections. Also pays for the extra costs to keep your business going and minimise your loss of income).
- Legal expenses
- Employers’ liability
- Public liability
- Equipment breakdown
Why should I get it from you?
Good friendly service, I always mention Weir Insurance if anyone asks me!
If you run a museum, gallery, castle or other historic attraction, you’ll want to make sure any historical buildings or artefacts in your care are well looked after. Heritage Insurance can provide vital protection to your heritage site, and business, if something goes wrong