Food and drink businesses including restaurants, cafes, takeaways, pubs, bars or suppliers to the food and drink industry require a bespoke combination of policies to protect from the wide range of risks they face.
Buildings and Contents
Whether you own or rent your premises, your business probably relies on property. Buildings cover typically covers loss or damage to owned premises, outbuildings, wall, gates and fences due to an insured peril. Contents can include fixtures and fittings, tills and business files. Stock cover is also available to compensate you if your food, beverages or other perishables or stock contents are stolen or destroyed.
Another key area of cover is business liability.
- Employers’ Liability – It is your legal requirement to provide a safe, clean and healthy working environment for all employees, and you must insure them against workplace injury and illness, including unpaid or part time staff
- Public Liability – This cover insures your business for claims of injury to members of the public on your premises, or damage to property belonging to a member of the public
- Products Liability – This cover insures any products you make or sell from claims they caused injury, loss or damage to a person or their property, plus legal costs
Each area will have an individual limit of indemnity.
Depending on your circumstances, your package may need to include other covers. These can include cover for business interruption, shop front, glass and sanitary ware, goods in transit, money, book debts and loss of licence.
Your Food & Drink Insurance package can be tailored to your exact business needs, with cover typically including:
- Buildings and contents
- Employers’, public and product liability
- Business interruption
- Stock, goods in transit and refrigeration
- Money cover
- Loss of licence
- Legal expenses
Call us on
0800 281 453
Or request a call back using the form