Member's Area



Charities throughout the United Kingdom face many risks that can result in loss, damage or liabilities for trustees – and for the charity as a whole. Although many of these risks are the same as those faced by other businesses, charities often have their own unique insurance requirements.

In fact, certain charities are required by law to hold specific insurance policies. If your charity employs staff then Employers’ Liability Insurance is a legal requirement and if you operate motor vehicles you will need Commercial Motor Insurance.

However, even if your charity does not legally require insurance, you will still want to make sure your charitable work is protected should something go wrong. Weir Insurance will work with you to assess exactly what protection your charity needs and tailor an insurance package that offers the cover you require.

As well as Employer’s Liability Insurance and Commercial Motor Insurance, a typical Charity Insurance package includes cover for:

  • Buildings
  • Contents
  • Public Liability
  • Employee Dishonesty
  • Legal Expenses
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Trustee Indemnity

All charities operate differently and have different insurance needs. To make sure you’re fully covered, get in touch with our experienced staff today.

Quote Request

Why should I get it from you?

Could have got on line for £30 cheaper but appreciate the service of a broker and I like dealing with Weir

C Harrison


If you run a charity you’re used to thinking about others – but it’s also important to think about protecting yourself. A tailored Charity Insurance package from Weir can give you the cover you need, leaving you free to do what you do best