Member's Area

Motor Trade

Motor Trade

Whereas Vehicle Insurance or Fleet Insurance insures vehicles you or your business own, Motor Trade Insurance is designed for businesses that work with (but don’t necessarily own) vehicles and could protect your business from the associated risks. These risks are varied and dependent upon that type of motor trade your business engages in. It could be that you are a dealer involved in buying and selling vehicles or that you are a repairer with customers’ vehicles on your premises for road testing. Your business may use trade plates to move unlicensed vehicles or even drive otherwise uninsured vehicles.

A Motor Trade Insurance policy from Weir Insurance could take the frustration out of protecting your business by providing you with the cover you need.

A simple road risk insurance policy can cover any vehicles you own or are under your responsibility as a business, with essential third party only cover, third party fire and theft cover and comprehensive cover available, allowing you to operate your motor business in a fully protected – and fully legal way.

Most motor traders will require more comprehensive cover, and that’s where a combined Motor Trade Insurance policy comes in. A combined policy typically covers:

  • Road risks
  • Stock including vehicles
  • Business premises
  • Employers' liability
  • Public and product liability
  • Engineering inspection
  • Business interruption
  • Legal expenses

If you work in the motor trade and want to learn more about a Motor Trade Insurance policy, our friendly staff will be happy to help.

Quote Request

Why should I get it from you?

Jenny is good and always reminds me in good time

A Thompson

Motor Trade

Any business that needs the facility to use a range of vehicles that don’t necessarily belonging to them could be considered part of the motor trade. If your business buys, sells, manufactures or repairs vehicles or their accessories, you could benefit from Motor Trade Insurance.