The hospitality industry can be precarious, while providing accommodation or food and drink products to customers can draw liability claims. Package policies can combine multiple essential covers, tailored to suit the needs of restaurant, cafe, takeaway, pub, bar or hotel business.
Buildings and Contents
Buildings cover typically covers loss or damage to your premises, outbuildings, walls, gates and fences due to an insured peril. Contents can include fixtures and fittings, stock and perishables, tills, business files and theft. It doesn’t cover guest’s possessions, but that can be added as an extra.
Another key area of cover is business liability,
- Employers’ Liability – It is your legal requirement to provide a safe, clean and healthy working environment for all employees, and you must insure against workplace injury and illness, including unpaid or part time staff
- Public Liability – This cover insures your business for claims of injury to members of the public on your premises, or damage to property belonging to a member of the public
- Products Liability – This cover insures any products you make or sell from claims they caused injury, loss or damage to a person or their property, plus legal costs
Each area will have an individual limit of indemnity.
Additional covers can include cover for business interruption, shop fronts, glass and sanitary ware, goods in transit, book debts, loss of licence, guests’ and customers’ personal effects and valuables and more.
Most insurers specify certain exclusions due to excessive risk. These will vary, but may include stock shortages, terrorism and cyber attacks.
No matter the size of your business, we can tailor a Hospitality Insurance package to your needs with essential covers and additional options including:
- Buildings and contents
- Public, product and employers’ liability
- Guests’ property liability
- Business interruption
- Stock and refrigeration
- Loss of licence
- Legal expenses
Call us on
0800 281 453
Or request a call back using the form