Member's Area

Home Buildings

Home Buildings

Home Buildings Insurance covers the structure of your home, along with any permanent fixtures, in case of damage or theft. This applies to walls, windows and roofs but also to less obvious parts of your home such as fireplaces, kitchens, bathrooms and even wallpaper. In short, if it’s a permanent part of your home, and if you’d be unable to take it with you if you decided to move, it can probably be covered by a home insurance policy.

This is important to bear in mind as although insuring personal property is important, it’s just as important to make sure your home itself is covered. Fires and floods can not only damage your possessions but you also result in costly repairs to your home while the financial effects of vehicle collisions, storm damage and vandalism cannot be underestimated. And while a burglar is unlikely to steal your house, broken windows or locks as the result of a break are not usually covered by Home Contents Insurance.

Weir Insurance will work with you to deliver you a household building insurance policy that meets your needs and leaves you protected should something unexpected happen. Standard perils included in the cover are:

  • Fire, lightening, explosion and earthquake
  • Riot, vandalism and malicious damage
  • Falling trees
  • Collision by vehicles, aircraft, aerial devices and animals
  • Storm and flood
  • Water or oil escaping from any fixed water or heating installation, washing machines and other domestic equipment
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Subsidence, heave and landslip

Plus, cover for additional items including accidental damage, loss of rent and repairs to plumbing after freezing is also available.

To talk to one of our friendly staff about a Home Buildings Insurance policy, get in touch today – Weir here to help.

Quote Request

Why should I get it from you?

Good friendly service, I always mention Weir Insurance if anyone asks me!

T Massen

Home Buildings

Your home is your castle but if it comes under siege from bad weather, accidental damage or crime you’ll want to make sure you’re fully protected with an effective Home Buildings Insurance Policy